Authors: Subcontinent Times
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8 Server: openresty/126.96.36.199 PB-RID: rDiMP91IkspfGq PB-PID: article-template X-Served-By: pb X-Mobile-Rewrite: false Content-Length: 47675 Cache-Control: max-age=60 Expires: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:09:22 GMT Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:08:22 GMT Connection: keep-aliveRomania inks $1B deal for hundreds of infantry fighting vehicles
WARSAW, Poland — Romanian Minister of Defence Mihai Fifor signed a deal Friday for 227 Piranha V infantry fighting vehicles for the country’s armed forces.
The eight-wheel drive vehicles will be purchased under a deal worth €895 million euros (U.S. $1 billion), excluding the value-added tax.
The majority of the IFVs is to be built by a Romanian state-owned plant under license from General Dynamics European Land Systems. Under the plan, 197 of the vehicles will be made at the Bucharest Mechanical Factory.
“This year, the first 36 out of the 227 vehicles will be delivered to Romania, of which six will be produced in Romania at the Bucharest Mechanical Factory,” Fifor said at the official signing ceremony, as reported by local broadcaster Digi 24.
The contract is part of Romania’s ongoing efforts to replace Soviet-designed military gear with new vehicles.
Based in the Romanian capital, Bucharest Mechanical Factory is part of the country’s leading defense group Romarm. The holding was set up in the year 2000 to integrate Romania’s defense industry.
Based in Madrid, Spain, General Dynamics European Land Systems is a business unit of General Dynamics. The division operates production facilities in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. The group boasts a workforce of more than 1,800 employees.
- 米欧日の家庭用ゲームソフト市場 is trending at 10 in Japan
- 貞ちゃん is trending at 8 in Japan
- 野球殿堂 is trending at 7 in Japan
- #いちごの日 is trending at 6 in Japan
- BS放送の解像度 is trending at 5 in Japan
- #パンダかわいいゲーム is trending at 3 in Japan
- 酒気帯び運転容疑 is trending at 2 in Japan
- ももクロ is trending at 1 in Japan
- Estrella Burgos is trending at 10 in world
- Kanal İstanbul is trending at 9 in world
- Rappler is trending at 8 in world
- #Carillion is trending at 5 in world
- #ComeToBeşiktaş is trending at 4 in world
- Cyrille Regis is trending at 2 in world
- #BlueMonday is trending at 1 in world
- Hanuman is trending at 10 in India
- 21st Test is trending at 9 in India
- #TikTikTikCensoredWithU is trending at 8 in India
- Face Authentication is trending at 7 in India
- India and Israel is trending at 5 in India