Neymar hits four in Dijon rout

Neymar hits four in Dijon rout

Neymar netted four goals and Edinson Cavani became Paris St Germain's joint top scorer ever as the runaway Ligue 1 leaders demolished visitors Dijon 8-0 on Wednesday.

Brazilian forward Neymar, just back from injury, took his season's tally to 15 goals and the rout was completed by Angel Di Maria's double and goals by Cavani and substitute Kylian Mbappe.

Cavani bagged his 156th goal in all competitions for PSG, matching the club record of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who played for the club from 2012-16.

PSG have 56 points from 21 games and lead second-placed Olympique Lyonnais, who won 2-0 at En Avant Guingamp earlier on Wednesday, by 11 points.

Di Maria put the hosts ahead on four minutes when he found the top corner from the edge of the box after collecting Giovani Lo Celso's pass.

The Argentine made it 2-0 11 minutes later from point-blank range with Dijon in disarray.

It got worse for the visitors, who fell 3-0 in the 21st as Cavani headed home from Di Maria's cross.

Three minutes before the break, Neymar curled a superb free kick past Baptiste Reynet as PSG continued to pile the pressure.

Neymar doubled his tally 12 minutes into the second half, beating Reynet from close range.

The Brazilian was at hit again in the 73rd, slaloming past six Dijon players before finding the back of the net with a powerful shot from just inside the box.

Four minutes later, Mbappe was set up by Neymar and the French international scored PSG's seventh goal with a left-foot shot and Neymar rubbed salt in the visitors' wounds when he converted an 83rd-minute penalty.

The former Barcelona player, who also set up two goals, was booed when he took the penalty as Cavani would have broken the club scoring record had he taken and converted it.

Earlier, Nabil Fekir and Houssem Aouar helped Lyon move above Olympique de Marseille and Monaco into second place.

They lead Marseille, who beat RC Strasbourg 2-0 on Tuesday, by one point and Monaco, who were held to a 2-2 draw with Nice, by two.

Read more...

Mako shark does incredible backflip

  • Published in World

This is the incredible moment a mako shark was caught on camera doing a back flip. Jack Hatwell was on a fishing trip off the coast of Adelaide when a member of his party suddenly hooked the monster fish. As they were trying to reel it in, it leapt out of the water, turned 360 degrees and then plunged back into the ocean. Finally, after another 15 minutes of reeling we ended up getting the shark on board the boat," Hatwell said.

Read more...

Veteran actress Rekha angry after being ignored at event

Authors: Ecroaker. com Boosters.

Veteran actress Rekha recently attended an award function where she was one of the chief guests. However, apparent unprofessional behaviour by the organisers reportedly left her extremely angry.

It has been reported that the organisers of the event did not receive Rekha when she arrived at the venue. Despite being one of the guests of honour there, the 63-year-old actress had to wait for 15 minutes, but then she got so miffed that she was about to leave, said reports.

However, the organisers of the award show realised the blunder, and soon rushed to welcome the ever-gorgeous lady with an apology.

Rekha was invited for an award show as one of the chief guests of the event. But the moment actress reached the venue, there was no organiser present there to receive her. She waited patiently at the gate for more than 15 minutes, expecting the organisers to come and receive her, but there was no sign of them. This pissed her off and she was almost about to leave when the organisers realised their goof-up and went and apologised to her," according to a Deccan Chronicle report.

Although it is unlikely for most other Bollywood celebrity to bear such treatment, Rekha was gracious enough to accept the apology and attend the event, carrying that beautiful smile on her face.

She was wearing a pink saree at the event, and looked extremely elegant, as always.

Read more...

Veteran actress Rekha angry after being ignored at event

Authors: Ecroaker. com Boosters.

Veteran actress Rekha recently attended an award function where she was one of the chief guests. However, apparent unprofessional behaviour by the organisers reportedly left her extremely angry.

It has been reported that the organisers of the event did not receive Rekha when she arrived at the venue. Despite being one of the guests of honour there, the 63-year-old actress had to wait for 15 minutes, but then she got so miffed that she was about to leave, said reports.

However, the organisers of the award show realised the blunder, and soon rushed to welcome the ever-gorgeous lady with an apology.

Rekha was invited for an award show as one of the chief guests of the event. But the moment actress reached the venue, there was no organiser present there to receive her. She waited patiently at the gate for more than 15 minutes, expecting the organisers to come and receive her, but there was no sign of them. This pissed her off and she was almost about to leave when the organisers realised their goof-up and went and apologised to her," according to a Deccan Chronicle report.

Although it is unlikely for most other Bollywood celebrity to bear such treatment, Rekha was gracious enough to accept the apology and attend the event, carrying that beautiful smile on her face.

She was wearing a pink saree at the event, and looked extremely elegant, as always.

Read more...

‘Human error’ led to false missile alert in Hawaii

This alert was sent to phones in Hawaii.

Shortly after 8 a. m. local time Saturday, scores of Hawaii residents received an emergency cellphone alert with an alarming message: “BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

The message, reportedly sent by the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency in error, would turn out to be a false alarm, officials said. Nevertheless, it would take 38 minutes for authorities to clear up the mistake with a follow-up alert.

The time in between sparked a brief panic in a state where fears of an attack by North Korea have heightened in recent months. Residents and tourists reported seeking shelter, frantically gathering supplies, and calling and texting loved ones to say their goodbyes. Afterward, anger at the false alarm was widespread, and Hawaii officials vowed to get to the bottom of how an error of such magnitude was made.

According to images, the initial alert urging people to seek shelter was sent out around 8:07 a. m. Courtney McLaughlin, a wedding coordinator on the island of Kauai, said the alerts quickly turned a serene Saturday morning into “mass hysteria” on the roads.

My boyfriend was like, ‘Who do we sue for this? We don’t just need an apology, we need an explanation. Someone could have had a heart attack,” McLaughlin, 29, said. It took something that’s kind of incomprehensible and very quickly made it very personal. All of a sudden going through your mind is, ‘Is this the end of my life? I called my mom, I called my dad, I called my brother and basically said my goodbyes.

A morning view of the city of Honolulu, Hawaii is seen on January 13, 2018. Social media ignited on January 13, 2018 after apparent screenshots of cell phone emergency alerts warning of a 'ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii' began circulating, which US officials quickly dismissed as 'false.

Honolulu resident Noah Tom was picking up breakfast for a meeting when he heard of the alerts. Thinking he might only have 15 to 20 minutes before a missile strike, Tom considered how his family was split up across three locations: He had just dropped off his oldest daughter at the airport, while his two younger children were at home. His wife was already at work.

I literally sent out ‘I love you’ texts to as many family members as I could. was all kind of surreal at that point,” Tom, 48, told The Washington Post. He made the difficult decision of turning the car toward home, where his two youngest children were. I figured it was the largest grouping of my family.

At 8:20 a. m. the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency tweeted that there was ‘NO missile threat’ to the state. t it wouldn’t be until 8:45 a. that an additional cellphone alert was sent to Hawaii residents advising them that the first warning had been a false alarm.

There is no missile threat or danger to the State of Hawaii,” the follow-up alert read, according to images of the message. Repeat. False Alarm.

Tom, the Honolulu father who raced toward his two youngest children, said he hadn’t reached home when he heard that the alert was a mistake.

The adrenaline was super pumping. I’m usually pretty levelheaded about these things. I don’t tend to scare easily,” Tom said. his surprise, he pulled over by the side of the road and cried after learning of the mistake. I just kind of broke down at that point. It all kind of hit me in a wave, what I had just gone through. I was unable to drive for 20 or 30 minutes.

It is unclear how or why the initial alert was sent out, and how many people received it. the commission was launching an investigation into what happened.

On Saturday, deputy White House press secretary Lindsay Walters said President Trump had been briefed on the situation. She added that the alert was “purely a state exercise. A senior U. S. official told The Post that Trump was at his Florida golf course at Mar-a-Lago when the scare happened and knew “soon after” that the alerts had been determined false.

What was clear was that the erroneous alerts caused a panic among those who read it and expected the worst. On social media, Hawaii residents shared what they had done — or felt helpless to do — in the wake of the first alert. trying to put their children into a storm drain for safety.

On CNN, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) said she received the alert, called Hawaii officials right away and confirmed that it was “an inadvertent message that was sent out.

You can only imagine what kicked in,” Gabbard told CNN. This is a real threat facing Hawaii, so people got this message on their phones, and they thought, ‘Fifteen minutes, we have 15 minutes before me and my family could be dead.

Tests of the sirens were scheduled to be conducted on the first business day of every month for the foreseeable future. There were no planned tests for the cellphone alerts, similar to those sent out to warn of dangerous weather.

The siren tests were an audible example of the growing tension with North Korea, which has spooked other communities in the still-hypothetical line of fire. as it will bind the toxins to your hair.

Richard Rapoza, a spokesman for the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency, said the protocol is typically as follows: The agency receives a message on a special line from the U. S. Pacific Command saying that there is a verified threat. There’s a checklist the agency goes through to make sure the alert from U. Pacific Command is accurate. Then a human triggers an alarm for phone and television; a separate person triggers the nuclear warning siren, which did not go off Saturday.

On Saturday, Rapoza said someone mistakenly triggered the cellphone and television alert during a shift change.

We rely on the ability of the public to believe in us. Our credibility is vital, and we are going to do whatever we can to make sure this never happens again,” Rapoza said. We should have been able to cancel the alert immediately. It shouldn’t have taken that long. So we are going through our processes and procedures to figure out where that went wrong.

U. S. Pacific Command headquarters in Hawaii received notification of the false alert almost immediately and was confronted with the problem of how to handle it. Army Lt. Col. Derrick Cheng, a PACOM spokesman, said that once the military confirmed that there was no incoming fire, it still needed to confer with Hawaii state officials before issuing messages about the incident to make sure it was not confusing the issue even more.

We had to go through the appropriate checks and balances,” Cheng said. We at PACOM still need to confirm exactly what happened and work with our state departments on that.

PACOM tweeted at 8:48 a. m. that there was no threat and that the alert transmitted by the Hawaii state government “was sent in error. That was 40 minutes after the alert was initially broadcast.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), acknowledging the heightened tensions, criticized the wayward cellphone messages and vowed to investigate how such a mistake occurred.

At a time of heightened tensions, we need to make sure all information released to community is accurate,” Hirono tweeted Saturday. We need to get to the bottom of what happened and make sure it never happens again.

Even as information was scarce, there were calls on Twitter for anyone who was responsible for sending the message in error to be held accountable.

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) said the false alarm was based on “a human error.

Saturday.

What happened today is totally inexcusable. The whole state was terrified. There needs to be tough and quick accountability and a fixed process.

Still, others reacted nonchalantly to the alerts. More than two dozen vacationers had just departed from the town of Lahaina in Maui on a morning whale-watching excursion when their cellphones sounded with the alarm that a ballistic missile was inbound and that they should “seek immediate shelter.

The captain, calmly and almost cheerily, announced he was turning around the catamaran, without describing the precise threat.

I think we might be better out there,” he said, pointing out to sea. But my boss said we should return and seek shelter.

Back on shore, there was no panic, just vacationers and others wondering why there was no immediate coverage on restaurant televisions or local radio.

There’s no information,” said Jimmy Lee, 54, a visitor from San Diego. at do we do?

An officer at a local police station advised that the alert was a mistake. When the all-clear was sounded, several tourists left the police station and returned home. There would be no whale sightings on this day.

Courtney Teague, Dan Lamothe, Dan Beyers, Gene Park, Josh Dawsey, Paul Kane and Cleve R. Wootson Jr. contributed to this article.

Read more...

Olly Woodburn double helps Exeter to emphatic win over Montpellier

  • Published in Sports
• Exeter 41-10 Montpellier
• Chiefs keep quarter-final hopes alive after impressive victory

It has not been a vintage European season for the Premiership clubs but English pride is not yet entirely extinguished. This convincing six-try thrashing of the French league leaders has certainly breathed fresh life into Exeter’s prospects in Pool Three and t

Read more...

Wasps’ James Haskell sent off for dangerous tackle as Harlequins rally

  • Published in Sports
• Harlequins 33-28 Wasps
• Quins complete stunning turnaround with James Chisholm last-gasp try

James Haskell is facing a suspension that may rule him out of the start of England’s Six Nations campaign after a red card for a dangerous tackle as Wasps’ hopes of reaching the Champions Cup knockout stages were all but ended. In a grandstand finish, Mar

Read more...
Subscribe to this RSS feed